Sunday, August 3, 2014

Meet Cindy!

Meet USA Cheerleader, Cindy


Years on the Squad: 4 1/2 years

Experience: Division I College Cheerleading, but before that, I have cheered since I was 8 years old

Birth Place: Virginia, Grew up in PA

Where you currently live: Los Angeles, CA

Lifetime Goal: Be able to look back on my life and say that I did it all – everything I wanted to do – and be happy with that.

College: Fordham University; Gabelli School of Business, BS in Finance

Current Occupation: Corporate Investment Banking ,for one of the world’s largest banks

Hobbies :  Cooking/Baking, Working Out, Surfing

Pets:  The best decision I’ve ever made was to rescue my dog, Spartacus!

Most memorable moment as a USA Cheerleader: Going to the 9/11 Memorial with the WWP – it was the most moving experience of my entire life.  I will never forget that day.

Most memorable moment in Cheerleading in general: My first year competing at UCA College nationals in Disney, January 2009.  There’s nothing in the world like it. 

Favorite TV Show: Family Guy

Favorite Movie: Titanic

Favorite Actor: Chris Hemsworth (not because of his acting skills though, sorry!)

Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby

Favorite Band: Whoever my brother is playing for!  He’s currently the drummer for the country artist, Tyler Farr.

Favorite Song: My Heart Will Go On  - Celine Dion

Favorite Restaurant:  "Diener’s" in my hometown of Mechanicsburg, PA

Favorite Place to Vacation:  Bel Air Collection Hotel and Spa in Cancun, Mexico.  The absolute perfect escape, and not too far away.

Words to live by/favorite quote:  If you want something enough, you’ll MAKE it happen.  

Describe your personal style: NYC meets LA

Favorite time of year and why:  Summer, summer, summertime! If I could live in a bikini my whole life, I probably would.  I love to be outside, and just to know that it’s beautiful outside if I’m stuck inside. Nothing makes me happier than a beautiful day!

Random fact:  I keep portions of my life secret depending on my audience.  No one person knows everything about me, and I like that.

I've always wanted to:  Travel the world.  I’ve only ever been out of the country once.  I would love to travel the world, learn about different cultures first hand, and see all of nature’s beauty.

Reason I choose to volunteer my time to USA Cheerleaders:  I am embarrassed to admit this, but I was never a big military supporter until my oldest brother went into the Air Force to pursue his dreams of being a pilot.  Since then, my life changed. I've always believed that giving back to others is extremely important in life. Now I focus on giving back primarily through the USA Cheerleaders, as we connect with so many other organizations focused on the same goal. 

I want fans to know:  Never judge a book by its cover!  I always love the look of shock when I’m in uniform and tell someone what I actually do for a living

No comments:

Post a Comment